Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Subtext Script

Danielle
Its 11pm Miguel and Kenisha are getting ready to go to an all night party. Kenisha is doing her make up while Miguel is searching for something.

Miguel: Ken, bay have you seen my socks.
Kenisha: top-drawer right hand corner

Miguel walks to the draw and checks, pulls socks out.

Miguel: Thanks Babe

15minutes has passed

Miguel: Ken, babe have you seen my phone.

Kenisha: You left it in the living room in the couch
Kenisha says this in a sickly sweet voice, Miguel seems oblivious.

Miguel: Gracias mi amor

Kenisha turns and gives him a big smile and when he looks away she switches to an annoyed look.

10 minutes has passed

Kenisha puts on her jacket and picks up her purse.

Kenisha: Ok I’m ready let’s go
Miguel: Did I leave anything
Kenisha: No you didn’t honey let’s go

While she says this she is pulling Miguel on the arm trying to get him to door.

Miguel: that’s right how I could have I forgotten to manscape and now I have to take my clothes of and get this hair off my chest maybe while I’m at it I could do my legs.

Kenisha is rolling her eyes as she hears this.

Miguel: Ken, honey can I get some of your Nair I want my chest to be smooth.

Miguel walks to the bathroom. Opens the cabinet and takes the Nair out and closes it. Before he turns away he gets a glimpse of himself in the mirror.

Miguel: My hair, it needs more gel, supposed you had made me leave.
Kenisha: Baby you look fine
Miguel: Don’t joke around, I’m gorgeous.

Miguel flashes a smile to the mirror as he says this. Kenisha gives up and sits down.

45 minutes have gone

Miguel steps out of the bathroom.

Miguel: Ok I’m ready to go wild.

Kenisha sits up and shakes her head running her fingers through her hair and rolling her eyes. Miguel catches this and says something.

Miguel: What’s wrong Ken
Kenisha: Oh nothing just a minor headache
Miguel: Ok let’s go

Its 4am Kenisha and Miguel has come home. Kenisha is pissed because someone spilt a drink on her designer dress.

Miguel: OMG that was banging party id you see my man matt, my dude got skill. He also told me where to get a great manicurist.
Kenisha: So what do you have to say for yourself?
Miguel: What? What am I to take responsibility for Ken?
Kenisha: I hate you
Miguel: we both know that’s not true Ken…………… And I love with all my heart.
Kenisha: Don’t call me Ken. I hate it when you call me that. How can you be so stupid?
Miguel: Why are you so upset is it your headache Ken, did your mom call and say something to upset you or maybe you’re on you’re on your period.
Kenisha: You make me sound like a fucking man; I don’t be calling you Miguelito so call me Kenisha not Ken.



Shan’Terria Daly
English
1-11-10





Dialogue



Dynasty and Janise sat in class next to one another in silence during their Astronomy exam. Dynasty sat with her hand holding up her face, and writing on the scantron pondering the matter at hand. Janise sat with her hand flat on the desk reading each question carefully. Dynasty had been upset for weeks because Janise had been spending excessive time with her younger sister because both Dynasty and Janise were going away to college. Dynasty felt as if she was losing her best friend and she was determined to try to get her attention.
WHISPER THE WHOLE TIME!
Dynasty: (whispers) So are we gonna to chill today?
Janise: Nah, im gonna chill with Naomi today. ( she replied rubbing her forehead trying not to cause attention to them.)
Dynasty: O okay I understand, we chill enough as it is because we go to school together. (Turns the opposite direction and exhales.)
Janise: Well Naomi defiantly can’t go to college with use (she grinned.)
Silence fell between the two friends as dynasty wiped tears from her eyes.
Janise: Are you upset with me? ( she asked while peaking over at Dynasty covering her eyes.)
Dynasty: No, I understand you want to spend time with your sister because she is the most important part of your life more than anyone else. (Sniffling)
Janise: Well you will always be my best friend no one can come between us. I just want to spend time with my sister before we leave. (Exhales yet smiles slightly.)
Dynasty: Yea I know we’ve been besties for 6years 11 months 22 days 8 hours 13 minutes and umm 20 seconds; I can survive without you for this school year. I will just have to find something to do to preoccupy myself. (She giggles nervously.)
Janise allowed a grin to come across her face even thought she felt the tension swelling between the two of them.
Janise: Well I can always just forget all about my sister and spend this year with you as always.
Dynasty replied with her hands on her cheeks peering down at the paper: No, go spend time with your sister. I will be find I won’t be the least bit lonely after I find something to do.
Janise: Well don’t worry this year will fly by fast in sure. She said looking over at dynasty with a concerned look in her eyes. Dynasty replied: I hope not we wouldn’t want your sister to miss you that fast now would we?
Both girls with concern for the other sat looking down at their papers wondering what the other was thing. Janise wondered if this would be the year that her and Dynasty drifts apart. While Dynasty with the look of concern and fright tainted her face wondered if Janise understood her.