Sunday, December 20, 2009

Journal 5a,5b,6a,6b

5a
The doctor’s words had ended Mary and Jonathans hopes of having a child. They had moved to the country thinking it was a great place to raise a child. That was 4 years ago and after three miscarried Mary decided they had to move. Staying in that house reminded her so much of what should have been or what could have been. They had bought many clothes for their baby, and had gotten things from the baby shower. They had painted the baby’s room pink. As they painted they were filled with joy but now anytime they passed the room it only made them feel sorrow. Tomorrow they would be moving back to the city but today they were having a yard sale.
The sign outside said, “For Sale: Baby shoes never worn.”

5b
As a child I was very out spoken but aren’t all children are. If they find something that confuses them or something else they are not afraid to say it. As I grew up I guess that whole characteristic of mine just disappeared. At school down Jamaica I was really only known as the singer. Teachers would come to me asking me to do songs at different events and things. I have stage fright; it didn’t really bother me then. I remember I was in 6th grade; I was still living in Jamaica and I along with some of my classmates had to give speeches. Depending on your grade you were given a specific duty, there was the head boy and head girl, deputy head boy and girl, and then you had the deputies. I was a deputy. I had gone in the church which is where you go before school starts. I was wondering whats going on and found out we had to give a speech. I hurried up and made something up. When it was my turn, I looked at the crowd which was the whole school said I few lines started shaking and them crying then I ran off the stage.
6a
As the man walked down the street, the pink sweater he wore stopped a couple of men walking. The men steeped, and starred for awhile and said, “Why the hell are you wearing pink?”
“Well it matches my pink shoes, and the purpose was to get attention. Don’t I look hot?”
“Hell no!” one of the men exclaimed. “But if you were a female I’d definitely date you baby” smack! One of the men stopped the other for saying such nonsense.
“What the fuck you saying Willy, don’t tell you are gay too. I should have known by the way you be staring at those men in the steam room at the gym.”
“Well I am sheesh.”
“You’re what?”
“Gay! I’m gay ok?” so the man with the pink shirt and shoes and the other man took off their shirts and held hands and walked away together.
6d
The picture that really allures me is the picture of snow. People normally think I’m crazy to love the winter seeing as though I’m from the islands. I remember someone I knew from Jamaica was visiting and he asked “do you like the weather hear?” I answered with a nod. I laughed at his expression in response to my answer.