Sunday, December 6, 2009

Journal 3

Death of a Friendship

It was like any other day, the heat of the sun was scorching. Paul was sawing the wood with fierce determination while he kept muttering to himself. Milton one of his customers and longtime friends pulled into the driveway. As Milton walked towards Paul he didn’t pay attention to Paul’s tense figure as he neared him.



Things I am afraid of:
• My family would never have been the same if we had lost my older brother when he got shot.
• It’s hard for me to look at the future or to look at my grandfather because it makes me think about growing old and dieing.
Things that make me angry
• I was adamant that whatever I was saying was right until my Mom sided with my brother.
• I was angry because my mom wouldn’t allow me to have ice cream
Things that have changed me:
• Anytime I’m on the stage I feel like I am invincible.
• Once I started to do the blood drives my mother noticed my maturity.
Favorite books
• I remember my teacher giving me Twilight telling me I had to read it.
• After reading Night by Elie Wiesel I began to have nightmares that I was in the holocaust. I would jump up, body slick with sweat waiting for a Nazi member to come in at any minute.
My heroes
• I respect my sister so much that I wrote that she was my inspiration in my college essay.
• I began running up and down my house saying ‘Obama won’ when it was announced.
Favorite actors
• Anytime Robert Pattinson is doing an interview I always smile because of how goofy he is.
• I was so sad when Heath ledger died.
Favorite dishes
• My father use to make ackee and salt fish a lot because we had an ackee tree in our backyard down Jamaica.
• Last year my mom made stew peas when it was thanks giving, I didn’t care for the turkey when it was placed on the table.
Countries I would like to visit:
• I always wanted to visit Ireland after finding out my great grandfather is from there
• From I was a little girl I always said I wanted to go to Italy to find my husband.
Favorite TV Shows
• I would dream that I was in a scene from One Tree Hill
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer made me fall in love with the supernatural.
Things I love to do
• As I am writing I am singing
• I love being able to look at a person and seeing my self drawing them.
Favorite juice
• The idea of cucumber juice turned my stomach until I tasted it and loved it.
• When I was a little girl the only juice I would by from the lunch room was Guava juice.
What I can feel
• The warmth of my blanket as I fall asleep
• Tears coming to my eyes when I heard what had happened to my brother.
Hottest men in the world
• My cousin used to trick me that John Cena was doing a match just to see me run up stares to watch it on their TV.
• I think I drooled after seeing David Beckham in his underwear.
Parishes in Jamaica
• I used to go donkey riding in St Elizabeth
• I grew up in a town in St Andrew
States in America
• I remember when I came to New York from Jamaica I couldn’t help but think “look at all these white people.
• When I visited my sister in Colorado we went to a water park.
Jamaican dances
• The victory dance Usain Bolt did when he became to fastest man in the world was the Nuh linga.
• Today I was listening to Jiggy time again and couldn’t help but dance.
Styles I wear my hear in
• Because I didn’t have my sister to comb my hair anymore I decided to perm it.
• I remember my sister shooing my hand away with the comb teeth anytime I touched my half corn rowed hair
Things I do at church
• Tina has been asking me to join the youth choir
• Anytime the music starts playing I start clapping my hands
Things I do at a blood drive
• I remember to first time I did a blood drive I was very nervous so I stayed at the canteen.
• One of the phlebotomist showed me how to make bags
Things I want to be
• After always listening to peoples problems and giving what I think is good advice I realize maybe I should be a psychologist
• When I started doing blood drives I like the fact you move from place to place, which led me to consider phlebotomy.